People gathered at 12 noon, Marble Arch, London and marched to Trafalgar Square for mass rally (60.000 people).
Rally speakers included:
• Jeremy Corbyn, Labour leader
• Nicola Sturgeon, First Minister of Scotland
• Caroline Lucas MP, Green Party
• Leanne Wood, Plaid Cymru leader
• Kate Hudson, CND General Secretary
• Bruce Kent, CND Vice-president
• Lindsey German, Stop the War Coalition
• Vanessa Redgrave, actor
• Christine Blower, NUT
• Mark Serwotka, PCS
• Giles Fraser
• Francesca Martinez
CND called a national demonstration to protest against Britain’s nuclear weapons system: Trident.
The said “No” to government plans to buy a new system at a cost of £100 billion. Parliament will be voting on this in 2016.
The crowd was shouting “No warfare, yes welfare” .