Around 300 people gathered in the University Square at 7 pm to protest once again for the Rosia Montana cause. There were children of all ages, dogs of all types, the press with all kinds of lights and the people with their demands. At 11 pm they were around 1000 people on Elisabeta Boulevard doing the same thing.
“Parliament should move as quickly as possible to reject the project given widespread popular and political opposition”, Mr. Ponta said yesteday 9th of September, according to reports. Following the recent statements of Mr Victor Ponta, Prime-minister of the Romanian Government, the Save Rosia Montana Campaign announces
Street protests will continue until:
– the Parliament’s Chambers – the Senate and the Deputy Chamber – will reject through vote the law proposal;
– the Government will imediatelly reject through governmental decision the environmental permit for the Rosia Montana gold mine;
– Rosia Montana will be included on Romania’s Tentative List for UNESCO
– Cyanide use in mining will be strictly forbidden.
– The immediate resignation of the law proposal’s initiators: minister for big investments (Dan Şova), minister for the environment (Rovana Plumb), minister for culture (Daniel Barbu) and the director of Romania’s Agency for Mineral Resources (Gheorghe Duţu).